Liberty Properties plc are proud to announce HQ – Chester’s highest profile mixed-use development.
HQ incorporates highly specified offices, high quality residential living, a luxury hotel, as well as restaurants. The mix of uses guarantees a vibrant, exciting and sophisticated piazza at the heart of the development which can be enjoyed by the occupants of the buildings and the people of Chester.
Located in a prime city centre location overlooking the famous Roodee Racecourse and River Dee, and within the historic City Walls, HQ is one of the most impressive commercial and residential developments created outside London in recent years.
The site formerly comprised the Cheshire Constabulary Headquarters, which occupied a prestigious and popular location on the Southern gateway to Chester, overlooking the famous Roodee Racecourse.
Liberty Properties was selected following competitve competition, as the preferred developer.
The development of a prestigious mixed use development, on a key, prime, city-centre location, providing;
• 80,000 sqft office – Sold to Cheshire West and Cheshire Council.
• 78 Bedroom Hotel – Sold to Abode Boutique Hotels
• Residential – 35 luxury residential apartments and 2 penthouses, with views over Chester Racecourse.
• A central piazza which links the racecourse with the city.
Throughout the development process Liberty has worked closely with a large number of stakeholders to create one of the most impressive commercial and residential developments outside of London in recent years.
Liberty prepared a Masterplan application for the site, which involved;
• Public consultation
• Presentation and negotiations with English Heritage.
• Presentation to the Civic Forum Trust.
• Archaeological survey – which unearthed a collection of Roman Artifacts amongst a former 13th century monastery.
Redevelopment of former Cheshire Police HQ on prominent location adjacent to Chester Racecourse. Distinctive circular designed building with inner courtyard provides 80,000sq ft of grade 1 office accommodation ( now occupied by Cheshire West and Chester Council ), an Abode Hotel with 82 rooms and Fine Dining Restaurant and 35 high specification / luxury Apartments with views over the racecourse.
• Build Contract Value £34m.
• Duration 16months